College Horizons is especially grateful for the volunteers who donate their time and travel, expertise and skill, enthusiasm, and love for the program and students – as volunteers, they are critical to the success of our program!
College Horizons seeks volunteer “Counselors & Educators” to serve as faculty in our summer programs. Currently, these expert educators are by invitation only or must be referred through the College Horizons network of students, alumni, parents, college partners, and previous volunteer counselors.
- American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian Educators working with high achieving Native youth in college-bound programs or Non-Native Educators serving a predominate amount of Native students as counselors/teachers.
- Guidance Counselors, Tribal Education Departments & Scholarship Offices, Title VII/ JOM Specialist, NPO’s serving Native youth, Talent Search, TRIO, Gifted/Talented, etc.
- Professional High School College Counselors
- High School Teachers with a primary role in College Advising
- Writers with direct experience in assisting students with College Essays